A website is necessary for any company, from bloggers and freelancers to large global brands. Your business can reach a broad audience, easily track user activity, and open up new marketing opportunities with a professional website.
At the same time, thousands of people prefer to create websites with the builder. It is the most effortless way to create a page, especially for new entrepreneurs. So let's learn how builders help create an Internet page.
What Are the Benefits of Using Online Web Page Builder
As we said before, the online builder allows you to create a web page for your business in the shortest possible time. However, there are other advantages of using such a solution:
- a wide variety of design templates for various fields;
- no technical or design skills are needed;
- the online constructor doesn't depend on third-party developers;
- availability of free subscription plans;
- constant platform updates;
- round-the-clock technical support.
So, we've seen the strong points of website builders. Let's look at five easy steps to develop a customizable page.
Selecting a Site Builder
You can follow the list of clear criteria for choosing the perfect solution:
- Intuitive interface and templates. It is best to pay due attention to services with multilingual support.
- Price. Our article will consider services with free and paid subscriptions, and they differ in functionality and the number of available templates.
- Template quality. The quality of the website itself depends on this feature. Sure, it is unlikely that a simple template will turn out a page that will skyrocket at the top of Google search results.
We have prepared a brief analysis of the most famous builders. They allow thousands of creators to build a page without difficulty.
It's the most widespread choice, so you've probably heard of WordPress.
This solution has paid (WordPress.com) and free (WordPress.org) versions. In the first case, you connect this service to the web hoster and fully ensure website security. In the case of WordPress.org, you need to download free files for further placement through your hosting company.
WordPress offers hundreds of great templates for every taste. In addition, the web page can be as functional as you wish. Therefore, WordPress is a highly-effective choice for extending your Internet page.
It's a universal online platform for developing websites. It offers quality page templates, self-hosting, domains, and an advanced builder. Further, Squarespace supports e-commerce features.
Squarespace-based sites are flexible in customization, but their functionality is somewhat limited (compared to WordPress pages). There are hundreds of unique templates for HoReCa, entrepreneurs, musicians, and e-commerce.
It's a less widespread but also highly effective web page builder. You can drag and drop different template elements, making it simple to work with templates. Any user can freely add new functionality and even create e-commerce pages. In addition, Weebly offers an excellent selection of domains (if you haven't already done it).
This platform is becoming incredibly popular, especially among freelancers and small and medium-sized businesses. However, the functionality may not be enough for companies looking to scale.
Let's review one of the most famous web page builders. WIX offers hundreds of ready-made templates for travel agencies, restaurants, events, etc. Just choose the template you like and customize it for yourself.
The service follows the same principle as Weebly. You can create your website piece by piece, just like a LEGO constructor. Put buttons, and images, change colors, test fonts - this turns website creation into an exciting game.
WIX also has an intuitive interface, but the developers have created a detailed video about working with the online builder.
All ready-made templates support Google Analytics, payment solutions, and other services. In addition, WIX offers a unique solution - ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence). It is enough to enter the initial data, and artificial intelligence will make a turnkey web page for you based on existing Internet pages.
The main features of the WIX builder are available for free. However, you should choose one of three packages to get full access - basic, unlimited, or VIP.
This service is the primary competitor of WIX, which is more focused on design than functionality. Every user can put together a page from ready-made blocks consisting of a fixed volume of elements. Tilda has fewer tools for creating a unique page, but the service offers more than 500 blocks for any purpose. And you can change images, text, color, anything.
The Tilda interface is less intuitive. Many panels and buttons are not directly available on the screen. Instead, you should click on the button with a "plus" image on the edge of the block.
Also, the full-fledged service offers a large selection of tools for launching an e-commerce page, but it is only available in a paid subscription plan.
One of the significant advantages of the platform is the massive amount of helpful information. For example, Tilda has a blog with tutorials and instructions on creating websites, connecting analytics services, call tracking, online consultation forms, etc. All this makes Tilda a good choice for beginners.
Choosing a Domain Name and Web Hoster
After developing a website, you need to come up with a brilliant and memorable name, and it should reflect the heart of your business and be unique.
Once you have chosen a domain, you should look for reliable hosting. Again, it is best to apply to an expert who will analyze all the options and pick the most optimal price-quality ratio.
Some online services offer users to forget about the long search for a hosting company and provide free website hosting. But in this case, it is worth remembering the possible risks:
- There is no guarantee of the smooth operation of your website and the safety of all data on it. You can solve the second issue by making regular backups, but you will lose money due to downtime;
- Web page management capabilities may be limited, and the work of technical support may be unsatisfactory;
- If there is a large influx of users, the website slows down;
- Ads increase the load on the page. However, the sale of advertising space is the primary source of profit for hosting companies.
Therefore, be responsible for choosing a web hoster to avoid problems.
Choosing a Design Template
The next step is choosing a perfect template; it affects the appearance and structure of the web page. Then, you can add some necessary changes to your site in a few clicks. There are no more painful searches for a skilled designer and hours of planning your perfect design! Instead, an automatic template helps you get a turnkey page to fill with content. Here are our five tips to make your page stand out from competitors.
How To Create A Unique Page
- Add new sections or separate pages with essential data (company info, list of services, contacts, etc.). It will highlight the page among dozens of other websites.
- Fill the website with live photos. This approach increases the originality of the page and the credibility of the resource by the search engine.
- Change the color scheme. Some online builders offer tools for selecting matching shades.
- Change page structure. You can always replace blocks of text, buttons, and other functionality.
- Test fonts. Your main task is to make an easy-to-read site. Select the optimal style and font size to make the content perception comfortable.
These tips will help make your web page more original and stand out from competitors.
As you can see, the layout itself does not take much time. But after that comes the most challenging step - filling the website with content. And if the pictures can still be non-original (subject to copyright), this will not work with the texts. The page's position depends on the quality of the articles.
In addition, there are other requirements for the quality of content. Let's consider them in more detail:
- Pictures and texts should be informative and attract users. Articles without semantic load do not bring any benefit to readers. Moreover, it affects the ranking of the website in the search.
- No errors. Literacy is paramount. It's unlikely that a user will easily read a text with tons of grammatical, spelling, and other mistakes.
- The actuality of data. All information must be relevant, and outdated data will not bring the intended benefit to the reader.
- Select the central message of your text. Determine why you are producing content. Maybe you want to motivate users to purchase, register on the site or subscribe to the newsletter. In addition, it is helpful to write accessible titles on the buttons (for example, "View products").
- Visual presentation. Immediately forget about the continuous "sheet" of the text; no one reads it. Instead, it's better to format your text with subheadings, lists (bulleted and numbered), and relevant pictures.
- Search engine optimization. Every user types a keyword in a search bar to look for your website. Therefore, correctly enter keywords and phrases and provide captions to images. The better you do this work, the higher the search bot will show you in the search results.
Final Revisions and Publication
Each web page builder offers to view your page before publishing it on the Internet. Find the "Preview" feature and check the site for:
- Spelling mistakes;
- Text formatting;
- Placement of pictures (as far as they correspond to the text);
- Clickability of links and buttons;
- Ease of navigating the website.
When assembling the site, everything may seem convenient and pleasant to you. But it's better to present your page to your close friends; let them look and share their thoughts. You may also create a special questionnaire to understand the UX. But remember, only constructive criticism matters!
When you've done all the final edits, launch your Internet page.
Let's sum it up. Online web page builders help you develop a professional site for various needs. You do not need to have a technical background for this. Moreover, you can save money on the services of freelance designers.
Page promotion can take a long time. Therefore, do everything possible to promote your website in the search engine (e.g., regularly update pictures and text and establish quality communication with your audience).
We hope that you found our article helpful. If you have any questions about creating web pages through the builder, leave them in the comments section below. We will answer them and analyze the most interesting ones in the following materials.