How to create a broadcast on Youtube Live, validate your google account, limit video access and hold a webinar on kvig.
In this article:
Verify your Google account
If you are going to broadcast for the first time, then first you need to turn on. This requires a verified Youtube account. To verify your account, go to page http://youtube.com/verify and enter your phone number — after that you will receive a confirmation code in the form of an SMS or a free phone call from Google.
Access to the live streaming feature will appear within 24 hours after account confirmation. You can then broadcast whenever you want.
Important - for broadcasting on KWIGA using Youtube Live you don't need to have a certain number of subscribers on your Youtube channel.
Broadcasts allow you to communicate with your audience in real time. At additional tools are available to you. For example, you can chat with viewers in a chat.
You can broadcast on YouTube from a PC or laptop with a webcam, and also using a video encoder (eg OBS). How to use the video encoder read in separate article.
Schedule a Youtube stream
- Go to your Youtube account, open the Studio. Click "Create" and select "Start Broadcast"
- Add a broadcast title and fill in all the settings. Recommended before refill them with each broadcast: this way there is no risk of accidentally leaving old time or access settings.
- Specify the date and time of the meeting.
- Add a webinar splash screen that users will see before the broadcast will begin.
- After that, click "Create Broadcast".
- We recommend using the "Least Delay" option in the panel broadcast control. So the audience will quickly see and hear everything that you you will speak.
- Log in to your Youtube account and open the “Creator Studio”
- Select “Content” from the menu on the left.
- Hover over the desired video in the tab “Broadcasts”
- Click the down arrow in the Access Options section and select “Access by link”
- Click Save.
In this case, the video will not appear in search results or on your channel.
Schedule a stream on KWIGA
On the KWIGA platform, select the live stream and click the go button.
- Add a title and description for the broadcast
- Schedule the date and time of the webinar
- In “broadcast source” set the Youtube option
- Copy the live stream link from your Youtube account
- Optionally, you can set an image to show before starting broadcasts
Important - you can sell a webinar and be sure that no one will share the link with a friend and so on. Since the participants will watch broadcast not on Youtube, but on KWIGA, and they will not have access to the link.
If you would like to host a paid webinar on Kwiga using Youtube Live, you need to create an offer on KWIGA, how to do it, read article
To do this, in the “Accesses and Registration” using the dropdown menu, set the item “Paid participation” and indicate your offer.
To conduct a free webinar - in the section “Access and registration”set the item “Only registration required” In this case, all users who register will be able to visit it. to the webinar.
The webinar is ready to be broadcast, all you have to do is click “Next” and “Schedule”.